- Dainty is Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified: package meets all food safety, quality, and security criteria.
- PCR material certified food safe by FDA
- Health Canada letter of no-objection (LONO) issued for film structure to be used for food packaging.
- Manufacturer addressed various product characteristics (e.g., oils, humidity) that can be hard on materials.
- Manufacturer reports some recalibration of equipment required in setup to account for new material, but overall minimal complexity added to production.
- Brandowner reports multiple trials required to get right film structure
- Complies with GDR#6: conversion to mono-material
- Demand for PCR supports viable end-markets, prevents valuable material from going to waste
- Use of PCR reduces GHG emissions compared to same package with virgin material