- Manufacturer reports same safety and quality performance as fossil-based non-woven mesh bags
- Manufacturer reports materials are strong, breathable, and water and chemical resistant.
- Manufacturer reports that bags are compatible with existing manufacturing equipment.
- Biobased PE mesh has identical mechanical properties to the current bags.
- Biobased films considered 100% recycle ready.
- Complies with GDR#6 – increase value in flexible consumer packaging
- Meta LCA work comparing biobased to fossil-based polymers found it was not possible to conclusively declare any polymer type as having the least environmental impact in any category
- USDA Bio Preferred Product 96% plant-based materials.