- Complies with FDA and Health Canada requirements.
- Manufactured at Safe Quality Food Institute-certified facility.
- Manufacturer reports that rolled edges reduce the risk of tearing when using shrink-wrap, helping prevent food waste
- Tray requires absorptive pad: see this rPET tray design that eliminates the pad which consumers prefer not to handle.
- Complies with GDR#1: use of clear PET
- Manufacturer reports How2Recycle has prequalified these trays as widely recyclable in Canada and in limited US communities.
- Manufacturer reports the use of 100% recycled PET in the production of this tray reduces its impact on climate change by 69%, compared to the production of a tray with virgin PET.
- This LCA compares various packaging materials, including rPET, in meat trays.