||M&S, Morrisons, Waitrose, Ocado (online)
||Ambient dry goods (cereals, rice, pasta, nuts, seeds, dried fruit etc.)
||Release to Market(s)
||Standardized Vessel (Dispenser) + consumer-owned container
- Solution eliminates need for flexible and rigid single-use primary packaging required for these products.
- Provider reports vessels are compliant with all UK/ EU regulations on food hygiene.
- Provider aims to reduce single-use packaging food waste linked to damaged packaging in transit, packaging print errors and oversupply for promotions.
- Provider modelling shows solution will allow retailers to profitably run refill sections.
- Provider notes solution is based on open-source standardization (like a beer keg or pallet), and rapidly scalable once proven.
- Solution designed to minimize in-store labour.
- Aim is to have the same vessel carry multiple product types, as this drives volume and reduces complexity of return logistics.
- Solution aims to futureproof the supply chain with respect to emerging Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) policies.
- Solution helps customers reduce single-use packaging in a simple, hygienic way.
- Customers can purchase just the quantity they need, which may reduce food waste at home.
- Customers receive a printed label at point of sale, showing all the legally required information. Retailers can further customize as desired.